General background to the Martello towers, with particular reference to the examples in Dublin Bay, here; illustrated listing of emplacements in Killiney Bay here; and interactive Google map here.
No. 7 Tower was one element in the defences of Killiney Bay against a possible French invasion in the period 1804 to 1815. It has been restored to its original glory and function by Niall O'Donoghue.
The cannon on the almost restored Tower was inaugurated on the 12th of July 2008, with a firing.
Celebration 2009 The Tower was further celebrated on 23 May 2009, when the cannon was again fired.
The Well? Was this nearby well connected with the Tower?
Exhibition 2011 This magnificent exhibition ran in the Dún Laoghaire County Hall until 28 August 2011.